[Apply Now] Knust Mastercard Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship For African Students
The Mastercard Foundation is calling for applications for the 2023 Mastercard Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship for African Students at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (MCFSP at KNUST). The ultimate objective of this programme is to cultivate the next generation of ethical and transformational leaders who may have a positive impact on the future of their particular nations and the African continent as a whole.
The MCFSP at KNUST provides complete scholarships for qualified academically capable but economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa to attend quality university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Students Program provides a unique opportunity for its scholars to get a comprehensive education that enables them to become successful changemakers. As a part of the Program, mentorship, ethical leadership training seminars, and other services are provided to help the scholar achieve academic achievement, community involvement, and career possibilities that will help the scholar become an effective global citizen.
Scholarship Provider: Mastercard Foundation
Study Country: Ghana
Degree Category: Undergraduate
Eligible Countries: African Countries
Closing Date: July 31, 2023.
1. Full-fledged monetary assistance (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation allowance and a full-year monthly stipend).
2. Counseling Support Programs
3. Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development, amongst others)
4. Regular group gatherings with other academics that emphasize personal and professional development opportunities and activities are designed to strengthen social linkages and the academics’ capacity.
5. Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, and tutoring.
6. Opportunities for participation in leadership conferences, community service and mentorship (Go-Back Give-Back), and internships in an industry that are sourced exclusively for professional growth.
7. Joining the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and networking with the Global Scholars Community is a high-profile privilege.
1. At the time of application, all prospective candidates must have in their possession, a genuine and valid WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O ‘Level & A ‘Level or their equivalent results from an accredited/recognized institutions.
2. Applicant’s results must not be more than five years old.
3. The candidates must further meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. The scholarship is awarded contingent on the premise that the applicant is successfully admitted into a program at KNUST.
4. For admission into KNUST Ghanaian applicants need to purchase an E voucher for the purpose and fill the application for admission whenever the online portal opens, international applicants are instructed to visit the same address and select the option for international students only.
5. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be processed for the scholarship.
6. The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
7. The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
8. Priority shall be given to:, Females, Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.), Persons with Disability
9. The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
10. The Applicant must NOT be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship For African Students
1. Eligible candidates for the scholarship can apply by downloading the application form. Click the ‘APPLY NOW’ below to download the application form.
2. Completed application forms must be sent via courier mail (Eg. EMS, DHL, Fedex, UPS) to the address below;
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST
Africa Hall Road, Impact Building
3. For more information, visit the official announcement page.